Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CURRENT WORK!































Currently I am working on a triple portrait for a friend who lost her horse. She said she never had a picture of her with the horse and with her husband in the picture. So I am creating something that never happened. She had her horse "Kyla" for many years, so you can imagine the heartache. I'm doing it in pastels and as I compete phases of it, I'm sending her photos from my blackberry along with a message or a question. Sometimes while I'm doing portraits, I have questions regarding a color or something, so I take my time and do it right. This just happens to be a labor of LOVE.






















Pictured is the initial sketch, the layering of colors to be sure I have the correct shades, and then the first blend of colors, and the second blend of her husband Walter. I have a lot of work yet to do, and when you look at it, remember the head has to be larger so when I put his hair in, it appears to hang over his head. She (Christine), looks very "excited" at this point, but I had to do that so I can tone her down a bit later on.






















This has been fun to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment