Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Monday, January 5, 2015 30/30

K9 DIOGI

K9 Diogi, may he rest in peace, was an officer for 8 years with the Homdel Police Department of Homdel, New Jersey.  He passed of cancer.

Such a beautiful dog.  



This is the original photo!


Here is how I created Diogi, step-by-step!


First I draw it in!



I like to put in the features to give the dog "life".




Finished more of the nose.



Started to add in some black, but instead of working with black pastel, which is a nightmare to work in, I decided to do this portrait with charcoal.  Such a perfect decision!  



Adding in the ears and the hair "underneath".  

You must do the hair on the "bottom" and layer the hair to what is on top.


Trying to get the "shine" of his coat, I knew I had to follow each and every single "pattern" in the coat.  I had to get it right also to show anatomy! 


In the home stretch, just have to do the mouth.  Wonderfully, that's my favorite part.  


Completed.  Diogi is completed.  
He was a gorgeous pup.  



To return to my website, click below:










No comments:

Post a Comment