Thursday, February 17, 2011

Prep for art show entries!!!







Here are the three pieces of artwork I'm entering into the Visual Arts Center teacher/student show. All the work must have been created during the last year while taking classes at the center, which I've taken a photo course, and painting classes, so this is what I've done! The one of the flamingo is a photograph I took while at Flamingo Gardens which is located in Hollywood, Florida area. I took a class with a teacher named Spencer Pullen, who happens to be a FABULOUS teacher and he stopped me from being so darn scared of working my photos on the computer. Got the frame for a mere $9.95!

The one of the dog, is done in oils, and it's my favorite. Frame also was only $9.95!

The one of the little boy is the grandson of a friend of mine, he's SO CUTE, his name is "Dalton". He was at the beach doing what little boys do at the beach, playing in the sand and water. I think I did a post about the frame cost on this one...just the glue, the tiles were FREE.

They're not my finest work, but it's current work. Seeing that this is all I have to offer right now tells me to get my butt in gear...also, that I'm heading in the right direction!

Nice thing is I've encouraged a former student of mine to get back into her artwork, and that is good...we said we'll push each other. Her portraits are fabulous. I plan on telling her about this blogging method to keep showing her work. Her name is Erica, I've known her since she was like 14-15 years old. She's probably about 35 by now. (And Erica, if I made you too old, I'm sorry...)










No comments:

Post a Comment