Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well, the best thing I can say about today was at least I tried. I went to Gilcrist park but just didn't feel right about being there. The weather was great, the day was crispy clear, there was a lot to paint, but my heart wasn't in it. BUT...I tried. I did one 8 X 10 painting of the sky and some water...when I went to put a boat in, it wouldn't take, of course the paint was still wet...the perils of painting outside! Then I tried to put in some seagulls flying and they looked like checkmarks in the sky...awful, so they came out. So what I finished up having was a painting of some sky and some water...big deal! GRR! So then I tried another approach, I went SMALL, focused...just did some juicy type plants, but it wasn't meant to be today...it came out horrible. Perhaps I was tired. I don't know, but I do know, it wasn't in me today.

Tomorrow is another day and tomorrow I am going to my last class of this session of classes in an advanced painting class. I wonder what I'm doing in there after my day today!!! But today was today and tomorrow is tomorrow. Tomorrow I will do better. Each teacher teaches you different things. My teacher Diane, taught me what I needed to know, that I needed to get back into my work, and to start painting from life again. Two things I definitely needed...thank you Diane! And Bob Cassell teaches me to go for realism, which I love, so perhaps I should focus there. In two weeks I start a class with a lady who does impressionistic with about 36 colors, whereas Diane uses minimal colors...both great ways to paint! I was taught with minimal and did okay, when I expanded my palette, I did so much better. So I'm curious to find out where the next class takes me. Going to classes help so much, it awakens your senses and motivates you to do something....anything, just work on the art girl! Even if you pull your hair out at times. (Oh, by the way, it's a good thing I didn't get my "extentions" put in when I was going to! Haha!)

Tomorrow's another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment