Saturday, February 2, 2013

One month to go...

My Dad, whom I adore, is visiting for the rest of this month of February 2013.  I am enjoying his visit!  When he leaves to go back up north where he lives, I plan on going full force with getting into my art.  I think when I read that Diane Mannion can disregard studio clutter, it hit home.  There's always an excuse, if it's not laundry, it's the phone ringing or housework, or I really need to do this or do that.  You know what?  I NEED TO DO MY ART.  I need to create.   I'm 56 years old.  When am I going to start doing what I want to do?  Housework is going to take a back seat as well as a few other things.  I NEED to follow my heart.  Too many YEARS have gone by without producing what I'm able to do. No more.  I'm so in tuned to feeling this, I already am going to art class twice a week even while my Dad is visiting.  Wish I lived closer to the art center, but I don't.  I also realized today at the mall when I was getting my hair done, that I need to walk the mall, there's plenty of benches to rest on if needed.  I need to do this for me.  Feels good...feels real good.  I'm starting to feel alive again.  This is me...no makeup.  My eyes look tired because I don't have good sleeping habits.  I haven't felt like my own person for a long, long time, far too long.  But I'm back...look out art world.  Look out.  I'm getting organized to put into shows, produce and SELL!

No comments:

Post a Comment