Friday, November 8, 2013

"Harvest of Art"

Here are my two paintings (on the bottom) in the art show.

Funny thing is, the painting above was what I loved to paint when I lived up north.  All I loved to paint were old barns.  Now living in Florida since 1985, all I want to paint are palm trees and seascapes....although I do paint other things.  



This is my friend Wanda Carter.  She won a special portraiture award for this portrait she did.  Her work in pastel is amazing.  Well deserved for a talented, nice lady!


This is the brochure for Harvest of Art.  
The Harvest of Art is Charlotte County's oldest and most prestigious annual juried exhibit...and I got juried into it!  


If you look close you can see I'm number 9 & 10.  I was located in the main hallway. 


This has inspired me to keep going!  

By the way...the painting below titled "Halogen"?  

Halogen didn't make it into the juried show, so I decided to post it on "Daily Paintworks" where I have my artwork online to sell.  That website chose it for their "Pick of the day", proving one man's trash is another man's treasure.  


And that is why I don't let judges get to me personally, it just proves everyone has their own taste!  
What a great week!  


3 comments:

  1. I love your art work Kathleen. You are a very talanted artist. Keep painting Palm trees and Sea Scapes they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being juried!!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a step in the right direction Renee!

    ReplyDelete