Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Meet "Grady"...my first portrait of a Bassett Hound!


Meet "Grady"
R.I.P.



"Grady" was a cute little male Basset Hound who will be my next oil portrait.  Was this dog cute or what?  When I opened the email I simply blurted out, "AWWW".  (You are too, aren't you?)  

He was such a cutie and I will do my best to portray his face as the owners remember him.  The dog's male owner is gifting this as a Christmas gift to his wife and daughter.  Just imagine, opening it up on Christmas morning and I'll already have a website page dedicated with all of Grady's information and collage of the creation, and his final painting.  

Now that's a THOUGHTFUL gift.  

And of course, I'll be posting as time goes on.  For now, I'm still up to my elbows in boxes, still discovering more ways to promote, and still packing for the move.  

I gave Grady's owner plenty of information of what I need from him, and pricing, etc.  Now he needs to make up his mind.  And as normal, I start the portrait as soon as I get half down.

Seeing Grady's gorgeous face today though, made it all worthwhile, he was such a cutie!






No comments:

Post a Comment