Monday, December 30, 2013


I got my notice regarding
The National Art Exhibition 2014!  

My paining "I Got An Itch" was NOT selected for inclusion, however, the Visual Art Center will host a "Salon des Refués for works that were not selected for the national show.  The first Salon des Refusés was held in 1863 by the group of Impressionists in paris whose work was rejected from the Paris Salon.  Included in this show were the works of Monet, Manet, and Whistler, who then became world famous.  The show will run from March 10th through April 4th.  

Rejection is part of being an artist.  It's nice though to know though that you're in the company of master artists who also went through it!  

I'm already onto my next painting and a 30 day challenge to paint 30 paintings in 30 days.  

NEVER GIVE UP!  


No comments:

Post a Comment