Friday, December 13, 2013

The holidays are upon us, so posts are fewer, but...



I have two pieces of artwork in the Visual Arts Center of Punta Gorda, Florida.

The show is called "Greatest Hits" and the only way you could get in the show is if you've won an award in the past.  What a great idea!  I put in two pieces.  

One is a photograph of a flamingo, which is in the center of this collage of artwork.  

(I had won a first place award in photography for this piece about two years ago.)



And the second piece entered is an acrylic painting of a car, which I titled, "Tail Fin" because that is what it is, a tail fin of a car!  I have it for sale for $75, framed.  It is 4" X 6".  It got a first place merit award in a show called "Mini and Maxi".  Pieces either had to be under 8" X 10", or over 24" X 30".  Great name for a show!  


I also on Saturday am putting two portrait paintings in an art show in the Venice Art Center, in Venice, Florida.  

It may be the season, but I'm painting and I'm displaying!  

I'm also working on an oil painting of a bird which is nearly done.  Also I am working on three small acrylic paintings one is a trio of glass vases, the second one is of a pile of art supplies, and the third one is a unopened umbrella.  Quite a variety of subjects!  




No comments:

Post a Comment