Sunday, April 6, 2014

More on Bruno...the portrait is coming together...

This was the last post...I've done a lot since then!


You just have to see this up close...so I'll post it as it looks right now...but remember, 
IT'S NOT DONE YET!

I felt as if today's work was a turning point.  
I feel as if you can pet the dog.  

The handler and his wife, like what I've done so far.  My responses on FACEBOOK and private emails are amazing.  People I don't know are reposting the picture and that is fine with me!

Nice thing is the gentleman and his wife's dog who is after K9 Officer Bruno, is also a German Shepherd and they have been following the progress steadily too!  Their dog died of cancer.

Each portrait I do has a story, some heroic, some sad, some just represent the pet of the family and how much they love it.  Regardless, it's a JOY to create them all.

It's especially fun for those who have never seen an artist do things step-by-step, to be a part of the creative process and see the progression.  It blows them away, and that is good!  

For now, it's heartwarming to know that I may be giving Officer RJ Young some warmth in his heart knowing he has this portrait to look forward to, that I care that much, and it will be something he and his family and friends can cherish.

More tomorrow!  




1 comment: