Thursday, July 24, 2014

Signed up to do the 30 day challenge again!

While in my downtime of my art supplies being packed, ready for my move, I've been doing research on different ways to promote and lo and behold, the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is happening again in September!  This way I will have something to immediately promote on my website, as I may start a new page of "What I painted today!"  (Isn't that a great idea?)  Well, I may revise it, to what I did in the studio today.  I already have a page called "On my easel" but I want students, artists and others to realize being an artist isn't just showing your work in a gallery, there's so much more to it all.  Just to set up for the 30 day challenge, one of the biggest things to overcome is to make sure you have enough supplies (be it canvas or paints, brushes, etc.), one thing you don't want to waste your time on is going to the art supply store and waste time.  We all know we go in and look around and play, piddle and putz cause we like them so much!  

So, even though my moving day is upcoming, and my supplies are packed, that doesn't mean I can't do other things, like research promotional ideas, look at other websites...there's always something to do when it comes to art.  

I have one friend who is interested in doing the challenge with me.  She needs the motivation.  I have two more I need to contact.  Both are so talented and should be painting again!  

There you go.  







No comments:

Post a Comment