Wednesday, January 12, 2011

and I'm off...


Today I started my first day back at painting class and I was welcomed with open arms. Everyone was so glad to see me back, and that made me feel so good.
I decided to paint in oils a picture of Buddy. (What better subject to paint?) Since Buddy's a soft coated wheaten terrier, he's wheat in color, so I have to put a lot of blues, yellows, and browns underneath in the "underpainting". This is NOT a finished product. You'll be able to watch the progress of this one.
This year, as you know, I am destined to do 100 pieces of artwork. I'm including thumbnail sketches, but that's okay, even though it's cheating a little, it's still artwork. I'm ahead of the game that way.
I can't tell you how satisfied I was with what I got finished in just two hours. I was late for class cause I had to give blood today for a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Good thing I know when I am going to work on some artwork every day because between helping my Dad tomorrow at his place with the insurance claim, my doctor's appointment and taking my car in for repair...shucks, when would I find the time?
I'm also dealing with my husband back in town after being away for a month.
and I'm off on my art quest...

No comments:

Post a Comment