Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to the drawing board...literally


Today I started my quest for a great year of doing art. I've been down this road before and some have been very fruitful, and others have teetered out. This time, I've prepared myself. I enrolled in THREE creative classes. One is wire wrapping, which was cancelled due to not having enough students, the second one is "Boot Camp" and today was the first class and I loved it, and realized how out of sync I am, and tomorrow is my painting class which I've taken before and in that particular class with that instuctor, I have done some of my finest work! So I'm off to a good start.


Tonight I went to Michaels and got a small drawing pad, a small sketchbook for thumbnails and the current teacher wants us to focus and a good way to focus is by working small. (Now why didn't I think of that?) Another thing is to focus on just A medium, not all of them, even though she said we can work in various mediums, I've chosen my favorite, CHARCOAL!!! It's very forgiving and I figure I'm putting enough pressure on myself, not to overdue it! I even purchased some motivational books to keep drawing every single day. And I think I found the time to do it. In the morning right after my Bible reading time! I have a definite time carved out for that, and I devote time to my art, even if it's just doing a few thumbnails! (Now why didn't I think of that?) Haha!


Back to the drawing board...literally.
The above painting was done years ago, it's called "Cowering".

No comments:

Post a Comment