Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two more hours of painting!



Today I painted for approximately two more hours. I was a little distracted by a few things, like making sure I'd get my car back from being repaired, and the two sisters in class who never, ever stop talking. And the one has a voice that is annoying, you know the type, just a decibel louder it has to be. I mean, if she wants to chat with her sister, sit next to each other not across the room from one another!




Regardless, I painted my heart out today. I was going to attempt to paint the hair just about one strand at a time, but the teacher caught me in time to show me instead of using a round brush, to use the flat brush and lift at the end of the stroke. Let me tell you the stroke is kind of like sweeping a floor, you apply pressure then lift at the right time so it comes out clean. If you use too much thinner, the stroke bleeds, if you use too little paint, it "skips" across your canvas.




Painting is sometimes like bowling, you have to not only hit your mark, you have to "find" your mark, and today, well, today I was on my mark. I was so excited to paint and have the luxury of time to paint. I can't explain how happy I was. I was content. Only thing was I was thirsty too but the soda machine took my dollar...drat!




But look at the end result of today's work! And I'm not done yet. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the bottom where "Buddy" is lying down. It's like he's floating in space, I need to "ground him"...give him some weight. Research tonight!




It's still not done, believe it or not, I have to lighten it up and also, I have to refine it more. I intend to get every hair going at the right angle, curve or whatever.




But I'm so pleased with what I accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment