Friday, April 22, 2011

Just because I haven't blogged...

Just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been busy with artwork! Find this painting I did about a month ago in a class with Margaret Egli. Although I love painting with minimal colors as I was trained, there's something about the availability of colors, the simplicity of just squeezing it out instead of mixing it that I find fascinating! I like both ways, mixing and being "lazy"!!! I also love classic painting where everything looks exact and precise, but I also love impressionistic! I have a dilemna everytime I start to do artwork, because I have to figure out how I want the final outcome to be before what medium I chose it to be in (lately it's been a lot of oils, but I vary all the time), I have to decide what "ism" I want to follow (such as impressionism, realism, etc.), and how I want my interpretation to be stated. That's a lot of prep! Although I LOVE "plein-air" painting, which means, "on the outset" in other words, just paint!, I find myself still quizzical on how I want to approach every piece of art. Not to mention, some I do ultra fast, and some I do as slow as I want to, darn I'm moody and particular when I do my creativity, and that's okay! Next I'll post the work I've been doing. And for those of you who know how much I detest crafts, I found one lately that I'm so glad I started and I plan to continue IF it takes off. It will never though replace my love for art. OH yeah, don't forget, I like to write (I've co-authored two books), and I love photography. Whew! LOVE being creative as much as my husband likes sports! Enough said! I'm sure every woman can relate to what I've just stated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment