Friday, April 22, 2011

My favorite subject to paint

While on the island of Kaua'i, I was awed by its beauty. I can't begin to tell you how my digital camera took photo after photo! I knew I'd be painting these type scenes over and over again. (You'll get sick of seeing them...haha!) This is only an 8 X 10, and it's done in oils, which I started in class on Wednesday. As usual I was late to class (I'm NEVER on time for anything), and I had a huge interruption that day, as the lady I did photography for the local school system of the children's art show, I had to give her the CD of photos I put to music (which took like 10 hours of work), and I spoke with her about a half hour. So this painting was done in about two hours. Had I not had the interruption, and been on time, I would have had this completed in three hours. The rocks are just loosely sketched in with paint and to the left of the wave needs to be completed. But it's okay that this happened, because it gives me the opportunity to fine tune the whole painting. I simply love this painting already and I'm not done with it. I may try to sell it in the art center's gift shop. I think I want to do a large painting of this one. I already have the canvas. Why not, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment