Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back in art class!
This is the start of a painting of Tahiti.  This is a close up of how I set up my painting area.

I put in the beginning of the mountains.  These two canvases are 8" X 10", and they are being painted so they can be viewed as one.   The canvas is wrapped around all four sides which means I have to paint all four sides as well when I am painting them!  

A closer look of my painting area.  

I spread out as class size allows.  Today I had TWO tables and I used both.  I was in the very back of the room where no one likes to be, except me of course.  And the pictures of the flowers in the foreground are future paintings I plan on doing from photographs I took on my travels.
See?  I sit way back.  The teacher (the lovely Diane Mannion) is in the light blue top, helping her students.  Her easel is in the far upper right hand corner of the classroom.  

This is the teacher's well worn paint box.  If only that box could talk, oh the stories that could be told!

The teacher set up a simple, yet lovely still life, which she started painting in class.  

Don't worry if you don't know why she has a blue background.  (I don't know why either...haha? Diane, could you elaborate?  I was bad and didn't pay attention.)


I "lifted" this photo from Diane's blog (without her permission, but I am trying to make a point).  This is what it looked like at the end of the day.  She is truly amazing!  LOOK AT THOSE APPLES!!!


I should pay closer attention though because she is SOOOO talented.  Here are some paintings she brought in today.  She is on a quest with other artists she knows to paint 30 paintings in thirty days.  YOU GO FOR IT!  

I'm back!!!   Another class tomorrow, but a different teacher.  The more I go to class the more I work.  


No comments:

Post a Comment