Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I've been working on my Tahiti Painting

I've been working!
Here is how it looks so far.  Much farther yet to go, I see so many mistakes and things to add.  


The left side of the painting. I still have to do shadows as they fall on the unfinished beach area.  I do like the beginning of the palm trees, but I have a lot of color to add into them! I'm also going to change the horizon of the water a bit as a suggestion of an art instructor. He feels the closest mountain on the left should come down a bit, or raise the horizon, I think I will do both in a way...


The right side of the painting. I plan on placing a boat on his side, and I'm not happy with the clouds.  And more shadow is needed on that left mountain.  Not nearly done!


I find by taking photos of my work, I have yet another way of finding errors in my work, what needs correcting and what can be further advanced for the "WOW" factor I'm seeking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment