Saturday, January 19, 2013


See this flower?  I took the photograph while on vacation in Cuenca, Ecuador.  I took the photo so I could later turn it into a painting.  I originally was going to paint it in oils because I paint a lot in oils, but something is telling me to work in acrylics.  So I am getting my acrylics ready for class.  Even though my Tahiti painting isn't finished, I am thinking about my next painting. Sometimes it's good to think of your next painting, but sometimes it distracts from finishing the one you're working on!  




3 comments:

  1. Make sure you have a spray bottle of water handy if you're working in acrylics, Kathleen. It's interesting to work with an acrylic underpainting (if thin) and paint oils over. The is a gorgeous photograph! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes Diane, I not only keep a spray bottle handy but I put all my paints on a thoroughly wet paper towel and the paints last at least three times longer! I was real careful Diane when I took this photograph to be sure there was no disturbing background. I belong to a photo club and what I learn about photography has helped me "picture" things better, composition wise and I concentrate more with arrangement, not just snap a picture, it is a photograph when I do it!

      Delete