Monday, April 1, 2013

Continuing to work on painting of Aussie wave



I am continuing to work on the wave painting from the image I captured while on a boat in Australia.  Right now I'm currently concentrating on where the waves splash, and I'm finding it hard to not make them look like a tree.  I know that sounds silly, but they splash a certain way and I want to duplicate it!  The bottom HALF of the painting is just roughed in for now, with absolutely no concentration, however, I did have to turn everything upside down to check my work.  I know I can fluff on the waves quite a bit, but one must still make it believable.  

It's hard to tell in this photo upload but I added some lighter color also to the rocks right behind the waves.  I think the one thing that stands out for me with this painting is the contrast of colors and it's a scene not  many viewers see.  Also, as you can tell, my palette of colors got a LOT smaller!  

Now onto "critique and eat" where my artist friends and I critique our work and then have a bite to eat.  




No comments:

Post a Comment