Friday, April 5, 2013

Two new paintings started!

This looks like "weed" right?  Well, it's actually going to be what are called "Japanese Maple" leaves.  This canvas was prepared with yellowed acrylic colors, then drawn in with a colored pencil, and I have decided I will paint the actual leaves in oils.  



This one is also covered in black and white acrylic paint...mostly ivory black but some mars black as well.  This is a woman wearing a gown, with her head looking down.  She is sad because she doesn't have the latest Spring fashion to wear.  

Both of these have a theme believe it or not!  They are both going to be entered into the Spring art show at the Visual Arts Center.  

I also plan to do this one in oils, but I may at last minute decide to work in acrylics.  I'll figure it out when I get to that stage, at this point it could be either.  I'm thinking of putting her in some clouds.  And why clouds you may ask?

Well, I had lunch with some friends the other day and there were the best clouds in the sky so I grabbed my phone and took some photos.  Here they are.  



The painting is at the developmental stage so I'm not sure what I want to do.  

Will post results.  For now, I need to get some rest, I was up most of the night, I just couldn't sleep.  At least now the time is being well spent painting and being creative.  








No comments:

Post a Comment