Sunday, April 28, 2013

Still struggling...

This is the one I started with...it's "OKAY"...
but with many mistakes...


So I evened up the wave line, and lightened the rock, added another small rock on the bottom left...still, it's not right.

So silly me, I decide to richen up the colors and add a pretty pink in the clouds, and thought would have it you need to deepen the water color as well...WRONG...


So I look at it, and I'm pleased as punch with the sky, and I can live with the rock, and the shoreline, but, the green of the water needs to go or softened or something...


Here's a closeup of the sky, I really, really, really like the clouds, I even put GREEN in the sky!  


But the green water just does not work...back to the studio.  Just wanted my former students know I struggle more than anyone knows to get it just right.  Oh, I do like the extra wave I put in the water...and that was a fluke.  (Happy accident.)  Changes to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment