Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I feel like a car mechanic, I'm working on my car!


Here is the before picture from yesterday...actually it is from hours ago.
This is the beginning, laying in colors and I was really pleased with it.  


And here it is a little bit more refined.  I still have a long way to go, but I'm pleased with how it's coming along.  As you can tell I concentrated on the basic color of the car, and the red light below the headlight.  I put a few lines in the headlight, but I'm saving it for last, those lines around the headlight will need total concentration.  I'm getting a bit confused with what is happening at the top of the painting, it was the wind shield and top of the car, but I'm not getting it...so I will ask my art teacher tomorrow in class to make heads and tails of it.  He is an EXPERT in doing cars.  This isn't too shabby (as he would say), but he is amazing.  If I get his permission, I will take a photo of one of his cars and post it.  But so far, I'm pretty please and so happy I decided to do this in acrylics, the acrylic colors seem to lend itself to a painting like this.  If it comes out good I plan on entering it in a show I learned about online.  


I had to quit after a few hours, my eyes were going batty with all the subtle color variations.  This is what is called "an artist's challenge" for sure!  Whew!



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you having so much fun pushing the brush, Kathleen. Interesting green!

    ReplyDelete