Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Updates and new projects

I decided to put this one to the side for a bit.  I have the painting in my head but I'm not clear on how to make the clouds "touch" the water in a dream like state.  So until I figure that one out, this is taking a back seat.  It is a 16" X 20" oil.


I've always wanted to paint zebras.  Something fascinated me with the stripes.  Funny how people joke about whether they have white strips or dark stripes...I'm here to tell you, they have dark stripes!  Here is the beginning of a 16" X 20" acrylic.  Just started the stripes.


I've done a bit of the leg and realize this is going to be a toughie (sanity wise) to finish this.  I started it in acrylic and I'm so glad I did, I can make mistake after mistake and have many layers of errors.  I do believe I will go over it all with oils when I am done.  There's just something about it that tells me I need to make a lot of mistakes and then perfect it later.  


Onto another painting.
I took the photograph which is standing up in a little holder.  It was a small car in a parking lot up in Tarpon Springs, Florida when I was up there about two years ago on a photography adventure with my friends Bonnie and "Pink".  Something attracted me to that car.  I have NO idea what type of car it is.  I think it's a revamped FIAT, but I can't be sure of it.  The color attracted me immensely.  I like the way it curved, the shine on it, and that fabulous headlight!  LOVE IT!


This is the trial colors, first coat, blocking in of colors and so far, all I can say is I LOVE IT!  I really like where this one is going.  Many of you will notice, I have the colors of the tubes of paint written on their tops.  It makes for easier retrieval.  No, the lines aren't perfect yet, yes, they are crooked, but it's just the basic painting!  Long way to go, but I really like it so far!  


This all goes to prove, you can start a project, get so far, put it aside, start working on something else, and that drives you nuts, and then the next painting can just seem to flow out of you.  I think I like the car headlight so much because it is from an original photograph I took.  Wish I knew the car's owner!  

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes paintings look better (or worse) but hopefully better after a rest and fresh eye. Interesting zebra painting and cloud scape.

    ReplyDelete