Wednesday, August 28, 2013


I love to experiment with my art.  I like trying new colors, and new surfaces.  I've never worked on a pre-gessoed panel.  It is non-warping and archival.  

I found the paint just didn't want to stick to the surface and I had to do this painting in layers allowing each layer to dry before subsequent layers were applied.  I know I won't be using this surface ever again.  I don't like to "struggle" when I am painting.  This surface made me feel uneasy to work with, so it is my one and only painting done on this surface!  

I posted it on "Daily Paintworks", the website I have my art on, and well, let's just hope someone likes it enough to give it a home.  I titled it "Time at the beach".  It was done in oils.  

I priced it low at $35.  

No comments:

Post a Comment