Friday, February 14, 2014

Barley is shaping up...nicely!

Still waiting for Barley's owner to comment on the dog's portrait.  It's okay if she takes her time as I need paint to dry.  I over looked the portrait with an eye for detail and found about 30 small changes I need to do.  It's those little changes I make, that make it look more like the subject.  It's that attention to detail that will make it look like Barley.  Then, I will put in those final touches which quite frankly are the first things the viewer sees.  Amazing eh?  Last thing I paint is the first thing seen!

For the two patient people waiting for portraits to get done, know yours are so close to being started!  (And for those that don't know, they are SPECIAL portraits because one has passed and the other is a K9 cop dog who was injured in the line of duty.)  So I just want them to know I appreciate their patience.

Right now, here is Barley as he is today on my easel.


He's looking sooooo cute, I must say.  I'm sure the owner will love it.  She said her whole house revolves around this dog, and well, I can understand why.  

Here it is from the side, she wanted the sides painted so she doesn't need to frame it.


You can just tell this dog is so spoiled but a good dog nonetheless.




No comments:

Post a Comment