Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SOLD! BEFORE SHOWING!

I placed this 6" X 6" acrylic painting in the Teacher-Student art show at the Visual Arts Center in Punta Gorda, Florida to start being on display tomorrow night, Wednesday, March 20th from 7-8:30 pm, but it was sold to a Canadian couple who wanted to immediately take the "Red Eyed Frog" home!  So it won't be in tomorrow's show.  I will not be able to replace it with another piece because all the place cards having the painting's descriptions are done as well as the completed program printed up already.  However, the Art Center told me I can place a photograph of the "Red Eyed Frog" where it would have been and the sold sign will explain everything.

The painting won no recognition, no award, but it sold, and to me, the way it sold so quick, is
the greatest compliment an artist can receive.  I sold it for $75.  The art center gets a portion of the sale but that is standard.  With this happening, it makes me motivated to start selling artwork online!  

I still hope to see you all at the show tomorrow night.  My surprise painting I haven't revealed to you yet (because I never took a photo of it), will be in the show, and also the oil painting of "Little Lilly", which is a nearly all black and white portrait (there is some color in it now, since I posted it the other day).  

Yippee!  Or shall I say "Greeeeedduupppp"!!!  It leaped all the way to Canada!  The art center will provide me with the name and address of the new owners, to which I plan on sending them a hand written thank you note, as well as telling them of this blog so they can follow me!



No comments:

Post a Comment