Sunday, March 9, 2014

KOTA!!!

Meet K-9 Officer "KOTA"
(There is a reason I'm posting this on my art blog.)


This is Kota visiting his old workplace.  

Kota is a K-9 Officer who was hurt in the line of duty.  While going in to nab a suspect who was hiding in an attic, the floor collapsed below Kota and Kota fell through.  Yelping in pain, with a broken front right leg, he went back in and apprehended the suspect.  Think that's bravery?  Read on. This is ONE BRAVE DOG!


This is Kota bandaged up.  Vets at the time were not certain of the outcome of his progress.  


This is the hardware in Kota's leg.  This is major, not minor surgery. 



Here is Kota leaving the vet hospital.  He will need lost of therapy.  


Here is Kota doing simple therapy working his leg muscles, and yes, he's winking...he's a ham!


The police station is trying to raise money to cover his vet bills and extensive therapy he will need.  Right now, Kota is learning to walk again inside a water therapy box which has a treadmill in it.  Simply amazing what therapies they have for dogs now.

An area school of young children had this cape made for Kota saying, "Every hero deserves a cape."  Is that sweet or what?


So why am I doing this post?  
Because I have been given the distinct honor of doing a portrait of Kota for his owner.  

Here's the first collage of work...


Now I've added some color.


Added more darks.


Added even more colors.


Worked on that tongue!  
Added more color.


I have a long way to go on the completion of K-9 Officer Kota's portrait, but let me tell you, I am so honored to be chosen to do this portrait.  I'm in Florida, this dog is in Virginia!  The owner doesn't even know it is being created!  Can you imagine the anguish the owner has gone through?  

But the real hero is K-9 Officer Kota.  

Brave on the job and even more brave in recovery.  

...what a dog.

Will post more pictures as I progress on the portrait and when it is finished.  If I ever hear from the owner or whatever happens, I will be sure to post it.



















No comments:

Post a Comment