Friday, March 28, 2014

Working on Izzy-Bella, deciding on photos of Kona and other news...

Here is the progress on Izzy-Bella


I am taking my time creating Izzy-Bella and I'm enjoying making a cat for a change!
She will soon be done as soon as I finish the face and place her on a blanket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the most fun parts of creating portraits is working with the clients.
Taking in all their love they have for their pet (especially the ones who have passed), and narrowing it down to just one photo to work from takes a special kind of insight.  

What I do when deciding is I allow the client to send me several photos they like, and I scrutinize over them, then offer suggestions and wait back for a response.  
Such is the case right now with "KONA". 

Kona was DEARLY loved by her owners and they had to pour over all the photos they had (literally thousands), and decide which ones they thought brought out her personality.  
What helps is when clients show me many aspects of the pet's qualities, like they pointed out, "Kona" had large ears, or that special sparkle she had in her eyes.  It is MY job to take all the photos they have of her, and all the visions they have in their heart of her, and put it all down in one painting.

How do I do that?  By pulling as much information from the client I possibly can.  For example, they noted that she loved the beach, so I suggested whichever photo I work from to place her in a beach setting.  Little things like that make all the difference in the world to the portrait and to having pleased clients.  After all, it will be their final memorial for their dearly departed pet.  

So, here are a few photos of Kona that I have chosen but nothing is finalized yet.

This one has nice lighting.  The background I ignore.
I wish some teeth were showing in this photo.


I like the way the dog is lying down, but you don't see the facial features that much.
Check out the size of those ears!  


This is my personal favorite.  Minus the sandy muzzle. 
I like this one also because I can bring in a portion of her body. 


This is also a nice shot, but she looks so dark, not enough color variation.  

I'm awaiting approval of the owners. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had an inquiry from AUSTRALIA of possibly the largest Great Dane I've ever seen!  
Also, someone asked me if I would paint their pet pig.  WHY NOT???  

Someone posted on my website about wanting several portraits done.  I followed through with an acknowledgment but they haven't responded back yet. 

...and the beat goes on.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment