Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Finishing up before moving on...

I finished up some work before continuing on Dalton and Abby's portrait.  

First, I applied gloss to this acrylic painting upon suggestion of an artist friend of mine.   It made the colors pop!


Then I went to apply a second coat to the sky of this painting.  Not doing clouds in this sky as it would make the final painting too "busy".



Finally, I finished an acrylic I've had sitting around for a few weeks in the studio.  I really, really like this painting.  I named it "Awaiting God's love".  It is 4" X 12".  I love how soft it came out.  I've never done one which I deliberated on so much and then finished it in record time.  I think this whole painting took about an hour to do, tops.  And I love it.  It's one I may make into prints.  I wanted to make it like she was waiting in the clouds of Heaven...




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathleen, your paintings are beautiful. You have been busy creating some wonderful pieces. Every time I see your work it makes me proud to know such talent. And it makes me wished we lived closer so you could teach me so much more about creating lovely works of art. Eye Candy!!!!

    ReplyDelete