Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Having fun, painting but not posting...so here goes!

Since I last posted, I have gone to a friend's house to paint plein air.  Her name is Diane Mannion and she is a fabulous artist.  I am blessed with her friendship!  Her ability to plein air paint outshines mine by a HUGE margin because she does it all the time and she has the ability to squint.  I don't.  (Ever since I had my eye surgery, I can't squint.)  Regardless, she has talent, no doubt...and she's teaching me to be more confident (Good luck Diane!), and how to better promote myself.  Thank you Diane!


So, the first thing I'm posting is the plein air painting I started.  I took a picture of what I was working on before I finished.  I didn't paint the horse's head statue she had there in the set up.  It was a lovely set up.  



Of course I've been painting in my art class too which I take on Wednesdays.  It's not finished, I still have the palm trees to finish, and whatever else I see that needs finishing, but here it is so far.  (When you see what I love to do and spent time, you'll understand why I like to paint beach scenes, not flowers...gosh I LOVE the beach and waves...fun to paint.  Not to mention, I LOVE to paint clouds.  LOVE IT!  This painting is 10" X 10" in oils.


Now, time for fun!  My friend Joan is visiting from England and we went out for lunch at a place called "Sharkey's on the pier" and then we went shopping.  

While shopping, we saw huge painted turtles and dolphins.  Venice, where we shop, is our yearly special time together.  





Venice is so pretty.  And the beach is so A-Typical.  Simply "Lovely" as my British friend would say!

This is the Venice pier as seen from the restaurant.


And this is the Venice Beach.  I see a future painting here!


The waves were beautiful.  


Joan went home to have a lemonade, and I went home and painted a lemon-lime refresher.  It's an acrylic, 6" X 6".  And of course, now that I photographed it, I see more mistakes...but not too many so I will leave it for another day.  


Hope you enjoyed seeing how I relax with friends and the progress of paintings as they come to life.  






No comments:

Post a Comment