Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Help from other artists always helps!

One of the best things an artist can do, is to ask another artist for input, a critique or at the very least, ask another artist for help in "seeing" for you.  My good friend and fantastic artist Diane Mannion saw my "Lemon-Lime Refresher" painting and told me to round out the bottom of the glass, to think of a baby food jar's bottom.  She said, "you'll get it, you'll see it now that I pointed it out."  And yes I did!  


Up close you can see, what I did, just a slight rounding up of the bottom did the trick!

But now I'm seeing too much of the pencil lines and I don't like that, and I don't like the top rim...will this painting ever be done?  Regardless, it's been a fantastic experience.  And yes, I will paint glass again, it hasn't stopped me.  In fact, my next painting is of a car's headlight!  


I just love to paint the beach...I call this one "Flip Flop Beach".  I need to paint the frame white.  


Here it is without the frame.  Simple, simple painting. 
4" X 5", Oils 



A 5" X 7" oil painting of the beach and I titled it,
"Vacation View".

I'm not crazy about the clouds, but I really like how the water changes color and it's the best sand I have ever done!  With every painting I learn.  




No comments:

Post a Comment