Saturday, May 11, 2013

Working on Dalton and Abby's portrait




I started working on a portrait of my friend's grandchildren.  Their names are Dalton and Abby.  Adorable children...

Here is the beginning of the drawing.  I am working in pastels.


Starting to apply color!


Going a little further...at this stage, all portraits look ridiculous...


More done on Dalton (but not nearly done...but it's a start).  Amazing the difference between one layer of color like on Abby's face, and two layers on Dalton's.  Still yet, I have a LONG way to go!  


At the same time I am painting a beach scene on a 6 X 6 canvas turned diagonal.  In between the two palm trees will be a hammock.  The hardest challenge on this painting (besides holding it), is going to be painting the hammock with all the mesh work...but then, who knows, it may turn out wonderful!  




No comments:

Post a Comment