Monday, May 27, 2013

Just when you think you're done...

Stay out of the studio for a week or so and when you look at your work once again, those things that were bothering you haunt you all the more.  I just KNEW I had to make corrections on my lemon lime refresher painting.  So here is the detailed explanation on what I did.

First I took a piece of tracing paper, you know the frosty transparent type?  And I took a pen, and outlined the glass, both sides and top.


This is what it looked like when it was taken off the painting.  


Next I folded it in half to see just how far off I was with the roundness of the glass...pretty far off!  YIKES!


When I opened up the tracing paper after cutting it out, I placed it on the painting and could now see, just how far off my judgment call was for rounding the glass off.  


So with the tracing paper in place, I picked up a WHITE PASTEL pencil and traced the outline of it.  Why a white pastel pencil?  Well, you can see where you're putting the new line to follow and when you are done painting, it comes off quite easy with a chamois cloth!  


Yes, much better.  That little change made all the difference.  I only used white, payne's gray and raw sienna to make the corrections.  Why payne's gray?  I couldn't find my ivory black!  But I figured the payne's gray, which has blue in it, would help make it less harsh looking.  


While I had my paints out I pumped up the whites so they showed up a little stronger.  

Now I'm pleased.  First time I ever painted glass, so I feel pretty good about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment