Friday, May 10, 2013

Getting ready to start working in pastels...and I finished two paintings!

Thought you all would like to see my unique set up that I have for when I do pastels.  I LOVE IT!

Here it is opened up, but not fully extended out.  (And yes, I have hundreds of more pastels! All stored underneath!)


Here it is partially opened, showing you how it closes and opens.


And when fully closed, you'd never know the pastel storage I have!  Isn't that so efficient?  Gives me more room in my small studio!  The easel on top also folds completely down!  And yes, it was expensive, but I use it all the time!  
I am going to start doing a dual portrait of my friend Debbie's grandchildren for her daughter Tracy.  Those kids are adorable!  There are two more pastel paintings after this one as well, one of Tracy's other son, and another silly portrait I am doing of her daughter when she made a funny face...it's just like a kid to do that, so why not?  


This is the opposite side of the studio where my easel is.  I used to have a gigantic easel but with the smaller space I had to go down in size with my easel and I'm not working as large anymore, although I do have one in the works and occasionally when I do work larger, like 24 X 30, this easel can handle it.  Haven't tried anything larger but I'm pretty sure it could handle it.  


Now for the paintings close ups.  The palm trees are finished, they are done in oils.  I LOVE the clouds in this painting.  The palm trees I feel are weak and not bushy enough, but I'm FINISHED with it.  One must know when to be done and not putz, piddle and play with a painting until you end up overworking it!


And finally, my lemon-lime refresher.  It was the first time I did glass.  I'm pleased with portions of this painting but I see so many mistakes.  It was a learning experience.  I will do more, as I'm happy with my first response to working in acrylic to create an image of glass.


Another painting I haven't shown is one that is only 6 X 6 inches (the size I of like craze to paint on), and it's a beach scene with a palm tree, but with a twist.  I turned the painting on an angle.  It looks good so far with the initial drawing.  There's also a hammock in it, and I'm a little timid to do all those lines of a hammock, but I'm up for the challenge!  

Thanks for being a part of my creative world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment