Monday, July 15, 2013

I think I'm done, I think I'm done!


Okay everyone!  I think I'm done.  I haven't signed it yet, but I think I'm done.  

Here's what I did since the last entry.  (That entry is below this one.)  I worked HARD on his hair.  I was so disappointed on how yellow his hair came out.  So I did some online research on how to do blonde hair in pastels.  To my surprise I forgot that you don't really use much yellow at all.  There's brown, pink, purple, ochre, and white, and a few, a very few strands of yellow.  What a difference!  

I worked on his eyes, his nose, his mouth and even the jowl line.  I even worked on some wrinkles in the fabrics.  I added more to her blouse and hair on the left to make it even on the left hand side.

Now I need my artist friends I send this to, to give more of a critique. I have until the end of the month to get it right because then it heads off to Australia with my friend Mike (who, by the way, hasn't seen it yet.)  I'm a little concerned with sending pastels halfway around the world, so you artists know how much I'll have to spray this artwork.  

My Dad who is visiting looked at it and said, "Don't touch it anymore, it's done.  You work on it more, you'll mess it up."  (But you artists know that's not true.)  So please, when I send this in an email, comments please.  My one former student gave me some good direction on his nose, and what she said was true.  (To think I haven't even turned this upside down yet...shame on me!)  

All I hope is that Terri Irwin likes it.  That's all I want.  





Here's the original photos I worked from.  





No comments:

Post a Comment