Friday, July 19, 2013

No pictures this time...

No pictures this time.  I have had contact with the tour guide I had at the Australian Zoo, his name is Phil.  He now works more in the Animal hospital and also doing fundraising.  Since he knew Steve Irwin and knows Terri Irwin as well, I asked him for a critique and wow was I glad I did.  He has over 35 years of graphic design experience!  He told me to work on both their mouths and on Steve's eyes.  I told him I would and get back to him with the corrections by the end of the week.  He said he's not even sure Terri Irwin is in Australia right now!  (But that's okay.)

I'm also making contact with my neighbor (Mike) who will deliver it to Phil in Australia at the end of the month.   I need to have Phil and Mike make contact!  So, as soon as I get Mike's information, I will send it to Phil and from there, the men have to meet each other online and go from there!

It's all coming together and I couldn't be happier.

The bonus is now that I see how messy my art room is with my paintings all over and the pastel tray open wide, I am motivated to clean out my art room.  For those of you who are artists reading this, you know this doesn't happen often!  (It's such a daunting task.)  But after it's clean, I will feel more motivated to work.

Also at this time I am downsizing my art world.  I plan to give away, recycle and toss!  I've already given some art supplies away to former students.  I have given away pastels and pen & ink supplies.  I tossed a lot of paperwork that seems to pile up.  I've recycled old art magazines.  I'm going to stop doing watercolor and my craft of beading/jewelry making.  My jewelry making supplies will go to my Dad who is amazing at making jewelry.  (I created a monster with him loving it so much!)

Simplicity and minimalism, my two new best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment