Sunday, July 7, 2013

Terri's eye detail...



A collage of Terri's eyes.  
Allow me to explain below each step.

Of course on the left is what I have done so far.  Simply put, I have her too fat now.  (GRR...lopsided, too fat, not enough color, details, details...only to get it right!  So I continue.) 

She still looks far too harsh to me, but I'm getting there.  I started to work on her eyes more because that is the soul of a person, and she has such beautiful hazel eyes.  (Hazel eyes are fun because you can throw in so many colors, including yellows and greens!)  

From top to bottom.
Number one of three.  
The first box on the right is a collage in itself of the eyes I had and the real photo.  I knew I had a lot to do, but when I looked at this, I was a little overwhelmed with how WRONG I had the eyes.  So I got to work!  The second of the three photos on the right is the current eyes.  Closer, but not quite yet perfect, but a lot closer!  I watched the curvature of her eyes.  I need to redo her pupil, the placement isn't right. (Art is constant change...put them in, take them out, put them in, take them out, put them in...I feel like a surgeon!)  

I raised her left eyebrow.  I made the eyeliner darker, I made the curvature of her eyes darker too. 
I put in some eyelashes.  The left eye looks like it has too much brown in it now, so that's an easy change.  (Every time you make a change, something else gets messed up....hence, another correction.)

I changed the shape of the right eye, where the tear duct was.  Working so small, if you use a large pastel, you take a chance on getting that little sparkle in the right spot.  Sometimes you hit it, sometimes you don't.  

I worked on her smile a little more, and I'm getting more and more pleased with that, and I worked on her chin area too, and the shadow area of the neck.  

So much to do.  If people only knew what goes into a portrait!






No comments:

Post a Comment