Thursday, July 11, 2013

Moving along with Steve's portrait

I use "picmonkey.com" to place the photo I took of the portrait and the original picture to help me get the portrait as close as possible.  Little nuances will make it look more and more like Steve.  For example...on the eyes, and nose.  His left eye, it should be moved over a little more to the left.  Those indents between his eyes need to be moved over a little to the left.  His left eyebrow is too pointy...you know, it's these little things that when changed will make it look more like Steve.  Onto the right eye, wow, I have it far too down, it needs to be opened more.  The nose?  Little changes will bring that along too!  I'm amazed at the deep wrinkles he had around his eyes.  



Onto his mouth area.  Lots to do on the mouth.  I do like the mole...came out just fine.  It's difficult to do men's lips without them looking like they have lipstick on!  But I made his upper lip too thick, but that's an easy change.  His one large tooth on the left needs to be even larger, easy fix though.  And that shadow on the left side of the mouth leading down to the chin, needs to follow through all around the chin.  It always amazes me  on how many changes need to be made when you compare them to the original source.  I'm pleased with the colors I've chosen for Steve.


Onto the whole portrait.  I did the hair, but I do NOT like the color at all.  I need to go back and look at more pictures of him online and also look at some videos on youtube to get the color right, I just had too much yellow!  I didn't want to make Steve's hair the same color brownish blonde Terri has.  His was lighter than hers.  I will figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment