Sunday, July 7, 2013

Terri & Steve Irwin Portrait...right now, just Terri...



I'm getting there!  Little by little.  

I feel her face looks too harsh, and I still haven't gotten that chin right.  I also have to work more on that mouth showing less teeth. The lips need to be thinned out on top, but thickened on the bottom, especially on the right side.  I need to shape that left eye, it's not round enough.  I like the nose, except I have to extend out the nostril area.  Her skin tone is so tanned, not pink, but I need to put the pink in first as a guide, and remember, it's blood underneath which is red, it's the skin which is tanned, so I need to have both.  I am enjoying doing her hair.  I'm learning how to really have patience with it.  (Good thing because Steve's hair is a mess.  That was Steve though, I bet he could have cared less about his hair!)  

So you know, the way I get the pictures next to each other is by using www.picmonkey.com and I use the "Make a collage" part of it.  

The thing that bothers me the most about this portrait is I don't have her soft feminine side of her.  She looks harsh, but I will correct that.  It takes time.  The more I look at her face, the more I see I need to change to make it look more like her.  Seeing my progress next to the photo, allows me to get it perfect.  (Wow, do I ever have a long way to go!)

The strangest part about doing this portrait is I have his voice in my head saying that I need to do a good one of her, not him, it's her I have to impress, so do a good one of her.  As Steve would say, "Crikey!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment