Monday, October 7, 2013

And the beat goes on...



I'm starting to add the flamingo's feathers in, testing the colors and so far, I like them.  I'm using alizarin crimson, alizarin crimson violet and raw umber and of course soft formula white.  I also added a glaze in parts of the sand which were just alizarin crimson violet.  Amazing how it made the sand pop!  

No, I'm not going to leave the legs pink in case you're wondering, it's just the color I had on my brush and I wanted to lay them in with some color.  I stopped painting the feathers for two reasons, I ran out of Liquin (didn't feel like pouring more out), and this is so high up on my easel I have to extend my arm up high, and that's not a comfortable position for a long time, so I stopped there.  This gave me the chance to step away from my work to see if I liked where it was going and I do.  I may not need to purchase more colors for the feathers as once thought because I've only started with two and like what I have already, the other reds I have may be enough, combined with orange and thalo rose.  We'll see.

For now, this is what my palette looked like.  I've always found it amazing how rough a palette looks and what we make of it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment