Sunday, October 6, 2013

Got the first layer of sand in for Flamingo painting!

I've never painted sand on a canvas this large, so I studied the photo I'm working from and saw some definite patterns and I used them as guidelines.  I truly love the color combination of Titanium White, Ivory Black and Raw Umber.  Make a fantastic sand color, although I know I will probably add in some light yellows as highlighted areas, and I want to add some reddish colors too, like a glaze.  But once again, I have to wait to let the paint dry.  

Now I'll be going in to test my colors for the flamingo.  I have about four or five colors I'll be testing as this is one colorful bird!  Probably because he ate a lot of shrimp!  Did you know that's how shrimp get their color?  Yup!  That's how!



No comments:

Post a Comment