Saturday, October 19, 2013

Working on flamingo's webbed feet...a little, and more areas!

I've started work on the flamingo's webbed feet.  I started with the left one.  It's still not to my liking, but I'm working on it!  I haven't touched the one on the right.  I also started to block in some more color on the legs.  Yes, they're still skinny.  On purpose, I know they need to be thicker, but that comes in time, not right now.


Here's a closeup of the feet.  You can tell I put more time into the one on the left.  
I've been trying to figure out how to make his (or her) feet to look like they are placed in the sand. 
My artist friend noted there wasn't a shadow under the flamingo, and it's probably because he was in the shade, and also the time of day it was, late afternoon.  So upon her suggestion, I went online to look at other flamingo's shadows.  They're usually just a large blob...or just the legs cast a shadow.  That's way off in the future, but I will keep it in the back of my mind.  


I also added some paint to the head area.  It's far from being done, but at least some color is blocked in.  
I need to go to the art supply store and purchase some phthalocyanine green to make my favorite black. I combine that green with alizarin crimson to make a gorgeous black, it's not so stark.  
Just remember, this is NOT done yet!


Thanks for visiting my blog!  

1 comment:

  1. I know this going to be so beautiful when it is all finished... "If" I were wealthy and "if" I had a grandaughter who liked pink I'd buy it for her room. This would also look really fine in a sunroom... That is what I'd love to have it for "if" I had a sunroom... ;o)

    ReplyDelete