Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 10 of 30

A third of the way through the painting challenge!  It's not easy but then, there are a lot harder things in life, so no whining for me!  Instead, I'm enjoying it!  I know painting a painting a day doesn't allow you to go into great detail with a painting, but it does get you in the studio every day, getting yourself dusty with pastel or stained up with oils or acrylics.   I like to paint to music, all kinds of music.  Right now I've been listening to a CD I bought at an art show years ago, by Pat Surface.   To get a sample of his music, go to www.patsurface.com and listen to a few clips of his acoustic guitar and his unique singing voice.  I don't think you've ever heard anything like it.  He's a real tall guy with long hair, and very comfortable with himself.  I just went to his website and looked at his schedule, to find out, to my utter surprise, he's going to be in my area this weekend and two weekends from now!  I'm sooooo excited.  I need to buy more of his music!  What are the chances?  Check his calendar to see when he's coming to your area, or just take my word for it and purchase his music!  I LOVE IT!

Okay, here's my entry for today, it's a pastel 12" X 14".  $35 (Plus shipping)


No comments:

Post a Comment