Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21 of 30


"A POUND OF PAINT POUNDS THE SEA"

Oils
12" X 12"

$50

This is my second palette knife painting and I used a lot of paint on it!  

I was inspired to paint this painting because the lady who is conducting this 30 day painting challenge lives on the beach and she had posted a picture of the beach in front of her house on Facebook, and someone said for her to paint it!  It is NOT like her photograph, but since she paints with a palette knife, and I've been wanting to do another painting with a palette knife and since I didn't use ANY of the colors that were in the photo, it's not a copy, I was simply inspired by it.  Painting with a palette knife is far more fun than I ever dreamt it could be!  

Since there is so much paint on it, and I see the waves pounding the sea, I used a play on words of "A pound of paint pounds the sea".  

No comments:

Post a Comment