Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 23 of 30

Today's painting is a minimalistic painting done in acrylics, after the famous painter Piet Mondrian.


I don't know what the true name of the painting is, so I'm calling it,
"Geometric Minimalism" 

It could be hung on it's side as well.  That is one of the design elements which made Mondrian stand out in the art world.   


Since this is a copy of a famous painting, and I'm sure it has copyright laws, I can't sell this version of it...HOWEVER...if you purchase another one of my paintings, I can "gift" this to you!

Here is a side view to show it is painted on a gallery wrap canvas, on all four sides, ready to hang.  I don't have it wired because it's for you to decide which way you'd like to hang it.  


I only used one brush to paint it, and that was an angular shader.

The colors I used were:

Titanium White 
(For touch ups, and also, mixed with the yellows to make it opaque.)
Mars Black
Cadmium Red Medium
Cadmium Yellow Light
Cadmium Yellow Deep
Ultramarine Blue
Cerulean (used with the ultramarine to make it opaque)


No comments:

Post a Comment