Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 14 of 30


This is "PD", which stands for Photo Dawg.

PD is the fur baby of my friends Pink and Pete Schingen.  PD is a great dane puppy.  I did this portrait as a friendly gesture for my friend Pink, and she said, "Oh my God, it looks just like him!"  I told her, "Well, that's the point, right?"  Her husband Pete said "I can't believe how you got the nose to look so wet!"  I explained how much blue was in there for that effect.  

The whole portrait is roughly 12" X 12" (with the needed breathing room for framing).  I told pink to go to Michael's where they sell frames that are that size which are normally used for when creative people like to frame up a special scrapbooking page.  Since Pink is a photographer, she already knows how to do matting, so she is set and ready to go when I send it to her.  

She will post it on her personal Facebook page and of course PD also had his own Facebook page as well and she will post it there too.  Amazing all the little doggie friends he has already!  Haha!  

This artwork is done in pastels.  It took me under a day to complete it.  I couldn't sleep so I'd work on the portrait.  Worth losing every second of sleep!  

Pink and Pete Schingen are happy now that I have immortalized their lovely little puppy.  

Woof!



No comments:

Post a Comment