Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 30 of 30 ...I MADE IT...YIPEE!


"Christian"

Pastels
12" X 11"

SOLD: Commissioned Valentine's Gift for a grandmother!

If you would like a portrait done like this, unframed, the price is $125.  
Shipping is extra, approximately $13-15 via UPS
with tracking verification.
 Payment deposit of half down.  I start when I receive funds, rest is due upon completion before it is shipped out. 

Here is the step-by-step process of how Christian was created.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First I draw in the portrait.



Then I begin to lay in some colors.
At this beginning stage I like to add in the eyes so the portrait starts to look alive!


Lay in some dark colors, enough to see a difference.  


Begin to concentrate on one area, all the way around the painting...don't stay in one area, 
move around the painting, to work it all over the face and body, hat, hair, etc.


Define more, blend more, do the tassel...and right about now I'm thinking, "That plaid shirt will be the death of me!"  So I studied it.  Decided to put in a light blue background and go from there.


Plaid isn't all that hard!  Recheck work, then sign.  








No comments:

Post a Comment