Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 27's "Molly" Step-by-Step

This is Molly.  This pastel portrait is a tribute to honor her and her life.  Her parents miss her.




First, here is the drawing.  The owner asked me to NOT include the tongue sticking out.  


Development of the eyes.

Please look at the bottom of this photo.  I put a piece of pastel paper to help me identify my colors more easily while working.  Of course, use a strip from the paper from which you're working! 


No, that's not the tongue!  That area is just showing some pink skin! 

Adding in some white and the inner parts of the ear.

Adding in more color, and the darks.

As I work I test colors, and also clean off my pencils and sticks with a swift twirl of the supply onto the paper.  Cleanup is a breeze!

Keep working on detail.

Sign it, and hopefully the dog's owner will love it.  (Actually I emailed her with the initial drawing and I thought she was going to cry, she could just tell it was going to be good.)

And that my friends, is a good feeling!

Woof!

































No comments:

Post a Comment