Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Curl"

Today for day four, I started rather late with my challenge of painting 30 paintings in 30 days, so I decided instead of oils, to do a pastel painting.  

All I wanted to do was a wave curling.
This is the start.


Refining the curl, background, under the wave area in the foreground. 


Here is what it looked like on the board as I was finishing it.


And here it is finished.   This was produced on a green sheet of vellum.  I have never worked on vellum before with pastels.  I decided to try something different.  I found it in my studio and didn't even realize I had it!  I thought I was picking up blue, until I put it under the light and saw it was green, but either color would have worked! 



This is 11" X 16". 

So what have I learned with the challenge today?  

1.  Don't let the day slip by.
2.  Be willing to try a new surface to try painting on!
3.  Turn on the music...time flies by and I seem to keep working that way.  


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love the colours and light you have in the waves!

    ReplyDelete